The following is a an annotated list of some of the world’s best shopping venues, especially for all those women out there who can’t get enough.
1. New York City – Fifth Avenue – for upscale shopping in a delightful Christmas environment. Check out some of the elaborate store holiday displays.
2. Boston – Faneuil Hall – for specialty stores; Quincy Market – for food items
3. Philadelphia – Reading Terminal Market – for crafts, specialty items and food items
4. Washington D.C. – Eastern Market – combination flea market and farmer’s market
5. Chicago – Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) – for upscale shopping
6. Los Angeles – Farmer’s Market – for specialty and craft items; Rodeo Drive (Hollywood) – for upscale shopping
7. Honolulu – Aloha (Stadium) Flea Market (Wed & Weekends only) – for typical flea market items
8. Bloomington, Minnesota – Mall of America – typical mall offerings on a grand scale
9. St Thomas, US Virgin Islands – Charlotte Amalie Streets – Probably the best duty-free shopping in the Caribbean
1. London – Harrod’s Department Store – for absolutely everything
2. Edinburgh – Royal Mile – for specialty items and souvenirs; Prince Street – for upscale shopping
Paris – Champs Elysses – for upscale shopping and a delightful walk
1. Rome – Via Candotti – for upscale shopping; Campo de Fiori for food and flowers
2. Venice – Streets around Piazza San Marco – upscale boutiques, giftware, masks
Vienna – Kartnerstrasse for all types of goods
Delft – Main Square – for a variety of goods, especially Delftware
Madrid – El Rastro (Sundays) – gigantic flea market
1. Istanbul – Grand Bazaar for all types of goods; Spice Bazaar – for food and spices; Istiklal Caddesi – for a variety of goods in the Beyoglu section of the city
1. Bangkok – Chatuthat Market (Weekends only) – for specialty items, souvenirs, etc
2. Damnoen Saduak – Floating Market – for a unique experience, shopping by boat
1. Cairo – Khalili Bazaar – for all types of goods
1. Marrakesh – Souqs – for various specialty items, such as leather, carpets, etc
2. Fez – Souqs – for various specialty items, such as leather, carpets, etc.