Brazil is the largest country in South America and is also the most populous. It is blessed with quite a few natural wonders, especially the world’s largest river, the Amazon. UNESCO has rewarded the people of Brazil by designating a number of locations World Heritage Sites. Here are my favorites, along with photos to entice you to include this country in your travel plans for the future.
1. Historic Town of Ouro Preto (1980)
2. Historic Centre of Salvador de Bahia (1985)
3. Iguacu National Park (1986)
4. Brasilia (1987)
5. Central Amazon Conservation Complex (2000)
6. Pantanal Conservation Area (2000)